Artists Alley is returning to Furlandia 2019!
The Artists Alley is a place for vendors to showcase their work without having to commit the entire weekend to sitting at a table in the Dealers Den. It's also an excellent venue for artists and craftsmen who are just getting started in the furry world, as well as more seasoned vendors who did not get a table in the Dealers Den this year.
The Artists Alley is located in the Mt. Hood Foyer outside the main theatre, which is one of the busiest areas of our convention space. Artists Alley positions are available as half-tables only, measuring about 3 feet square.
Hours are subject to change.
- Friday and Saturday: 12:00pm – 5:00pm
- Sunday: 12:00pm – 4:00pm
We are continually improving our Artists Alley since its introduction in 2017. Each year we listen to feedback from both our vendors and our attendees, and try to make the process and experience better for everyone.
For 2019 we're trying something new: we will offer a limited number of pre-registration sign-ups for Artists Alley which will be processed through our registration page as a ticketed item. Please read the sign-ups section below carefully to understand the new process.
Prepaid Artists Alley tables are for the entire weekend only. We will not be offering prepaid tables on a per-day basis. There are no refunds, but tables can be transferred for a fee (see below). If you prepay for a table and leave your table for more than an hour without notifying Artists Alley staff (see Selling, below), your table will be forfeited without the option for a refund or transfer.
Here's what you need to know:
- We will announce the date and time that advance Artists Alley sign-ups will open on our website, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Prepaid Artists Alley tables are limited in quantity and made available on a first-come, first-served basis. Once they're gone, they're gone — no exceptions.
- There is no waiting list for advance sign-ups. If you don't get an Artists Alley table during advance sign-ups, you will still be able to apply for a position at the convention using the normal sign-ups (see below).
- We only accept PayPal payments for prepaid Artists Alley tables. You must have a paid-in-full current-year Furlandia membership to use advance Artists Alley sign-up.
- If you are not able set up your table by 11:00am, you forfeit the space for the day. If you are running a little late, please let Artists Alley staff know so that they can hold your position for an agreed-upon time.
- You can transfer a prepaid Artists Alley table to another vendor. The vendor to whom you transfer a prepaid table will pay a transfer fee; please inquire with Artists Alley staff at the convention for details.
A pre-paid Artists Alley table for the full weekend is $65 (a $10 savings over three one-day positions purchased at the convention).
Artists Alley tables made available at the convention will be distributed by lottery. If you are signing up at the convention and wish to have space for more than one day, you must sign up during the booking period of each day that you wish to vend.
If you are not assigned a table space, you will be placed in a waiting list on a first-come, first-served basis. So don't get discouraged if there are a lot of names on the sign-up sheet — if someone closes up shop for the day, we may still have space for you!
At-convention sign-up for Artists Alley will be available at these times:
|Artists Alley day||Sign-up opens:||Sign-up closes:||Table fee:|
|Friday, May 24||Thursday, May 23|
|Friday, May 24|
|Saturday, May 25||Friday, May 24|
|Saturday, May 25|
|Sunday, May 26||Saturday, May 25|
|Sunday, May 26|
Table assignments will be posted at the Artists Alley staff table by 9:00am each day.
Artists who are assigned a table in the Artists Alley must check in and pay the table fee by 10:00am to confirm their table space.
Check-in will begin two hours before the opening time on each day. Tables will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Any tables that are not assigned at one hour before the opening time on each day will be made available to waitlisted applicants in order of sign-up. Waitlisted vendors must still pay the table fees to receive table space.
All Artists Alley vendors must have a valid current-year convention membership and must pay the table fee before receiving table space. Artists Alley staff can honor requests for vendors to be seated next to each other, but only if both vendors request this together at the time of check-in.
Do not sit at or set up at any table space before a table space is assigned to you by Artists Alley staff.
Furlandia is not responsible for your belongings. Do not leave your merchandise or personal items unattended.
If you need to leave temporarily, please notify Artists Alley staff and let them know when you will return. You may have someone else with a valid current-year membership watch your table space while you are away, if you notify Artists Alley staff of this arrangement before you leave.
Tables left unattended for more than one hour without notification to Artists Alley staff will be forfeited. Waitlisted applicants may be given the opportunity to claim a forfeited table. No refunds will be made for table fees if a table is forfeited. Items left at forfeited tables can be reclaimed from Artists Alley staff during Artists Alley open hours, or from Lost and Found in the convention office after closing time each day. Furlandia is not responsible for damage to or loss of your property if it is removed as a result of table forfeiture.
You must abide by the same rules as Dealers Den for content:
- Everything you sell or display must be your own work.
Everything you display openly must be rated PG-13 or lower.
You may show adult material to individual attendees after checking to ensure that they are of legal age to view adult materials.
An item is not PG-13 if it:
- Contains exposed genitalia or representations thereof
- Depicts a sexual act
- Depicts realistic violence where the victim is shown to be severely injured
- Depicts any other content that is unsuitable for younger viewers as determined by federal or state law
Items whose possession, sale, or transportation across state borders constitutes a criminal act are strictly prohibited. Possession, sale, or display or any such item will result in immediate removal from the Artists Alley and a disciplinary meeting with the Chair or Business Executive.
Artists Alley staff have final authority on what constitutes acceptable content in the Artists Alley. Decisions can be appealed to the Artists Alley lead, then to the Furlandia Business Executive.