Application deadline: Wednesday, April 25, 2018, 11:59:59 PM PDT
If you would like to judge, send an email to email@example.com.
The Furlandia Fursuit Dance Competition will have two categories:
- Full Suit: Contestant's fursuit must cover the entire body, with no skin showing.
- Partial Suit: Contestant's fursuit must cover the head and hands. The remaining parts of the body must be covered with fursuit parts or articles of clothing. Arms and legs may be covered with either clothing or fursuit arms/legs. If the fursuit covers the entire body, the contestant will be considered a Full Suit contestant.
Each category will have up to ten contestants, for a total maximum of twenty contestants. If positions are still available at the start of Furlandia, contestants may sign up for the remaining positions at Registration.
The Dance Competition will have two events:
All contestants will compete at this event. The top five contestants from each category will move on to the Finals, for a total of ten finalists.
The top five contestants from each category will compete at this event. Awards will be given to the top three contestants in each category at the end of the event.
Each contestant will have up to three minutes for their routine.
Music and dance must be PG-13 or appropriate for general audiences. If the music is determined to be inappropriate upon submission, Furlandia staff will ask you to submit either a censored version of the music or a different music selection.
Please submit your music using the sign-up form. If you have any trouble with submitting your music using the sign-up form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We can accept the following file formats:
- MP3 / MP4
Dances wil be judged based on the following criteria:
- Choreography: How well was the performance thought out and planned?
- Execution: How well were the moves and choreography executed?
- Musicality: How well did the performance reflect the music choice?
- Character: How well did the performance reflect the character performing the dance?
- Audience Engagement: How engaged was the audience with the performance?